BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Better late than never....

I know, I missed the boat as the "National Coming Out Day" was a couple of days ago, but cut me some slack I have been busy! So I thought that for the day, I would celebrate by coming out..., again!

"Hi..., I have something to tell you.............., i'm........., Gay! There I said it, can we move on now?"

Sorry that was kinda cheesy, but  hey this is my blog damnit! So anyways, yes I am gay, and out too. Have been for several years in fact. I guess though that I have been very lucky. I did not lose a single friend over it, my family loves and supports me, and I have had to deal with very little fall out. That is not to say that I have not had my ups and downs, THIS post goes into a bit more detail. But all in all, I have had a pretty easy run.

So today a few bloggers whom I thoroughly enjoy reading, Seth, Bob, Joshua, Dave..., have all blogged about Mathew Shepard. To be honest I did not know about him, until this year. In fact I still didn't know too much, until I read through the posts, that these guys had written. Even the mercenary was heartbroken to hear this story..., and to be honest I don't give a fuck if you know that. I never said that I didn't have a heart.

I tell you what though, I can not believe that we have in this world, people so backward. People that are so scared of something that is different, that the only way they know how to deal, is to destroy. How dare they take from the world someone that for all intents and purposes, was of no threat to them, and completely harmless. And to top it off the killers said they did it because that young boy, made them feel uncomfortable? Well why didn't they just leave then? I tell you, all I ask is a quiet room, 5 minutes, a glass of water, two six inch nails, a set of jumper leads, and a small generator...., i'll show them what "Uncomfortable" is!

I know, bad taste..., but I have a dark past, and it is how I felt after reading those posts. My heart goes out to Mathews family, may his death be not in vain. It is time to wake up people, honestly. I dropped a few comments earlier, pretty much to the effect that yes you don't have to come out. If you want to live in the closet that is perfectly fine. But if everyone did that then the world would not know the real truth. And truth is everything.

Hate me if you like for this post, but bear this in mind..., I will never lie to you, or hide my feelings. If what I say upsets you, you know where the door is.

3 Tactical Suggestions...:

Anonymous said...

I think you know very well, my friend, that I fundamentally believe that most people are good, are loving and are mostly honest. That includes homosexuals.

I couldn't maintain a lie to the mother I loved. When the questions started at work about girlfriends I quickly said 'no, but there's a boyfriend who works in the next office and we're about to get a flat together!'

Oh great - where and can we all come and look?

I wish guys would stop looking for excuses to be dishonest, to live a lie and just make a clean breast of it.

cvn70 said...

Octavian

Hey good post and im happy that i have shed some light on Matthew and his story

And yes its so sad that so many have suffered becuase of intolerance and fear

I havent come out and dont know if ever will but i do appreciate you that do and understand how difficult it must be

take care and be safe

bob

Just said...

I agree to a point. I respect people that can't come out. I also respect people like you. It is a backward nation still . I don't go totally public because I don't care what happens to me . But I have kids , they didn't ask for this nor should they pay , so I don't come out . I know for a fact I would lose my living , house, a way of live. I would be ok with that but not my kids. I know I would be harm that all is cool , I like to fight. But so would my son , it isn't his fight. I love your post it came from you heart. I just ask don't be to hasty on judging on the coming out issue yet .