You remember a while back I mentioned that it was pretty much official, that we weren't getting a pay rise this year? All in all though, we were still pretty hopeful that it might happen, after all a lot of us were relying on it. Well hope died today, just after 1400. We were all handed the giant "FUCK YOU!!" letters. And if that wasn't bad enough, having just dashed our hopes, the fuckers had the gaul to say...,
"We look forward to your contributions for the upcoming year."
Honestly!? What the Fuck!!
Well that clinches it really, no more mister nice guy! I f you want to throw money around on useless and unimportant crap, and then say you do not have enough to give a lousy 4%, then Fuck You. You will no longer get anything extra out of me! The other two senior and I had a little mini conference, and we all agreed that the extra stuff we do, including training, is now over. We will see how appreciated we are after a few weeks of this. After all, though my department may not make any money for the company, what we do is keep a $750 million sales channel alive and ticking.
Anyway, enough of that! It is just making me an angry bear anyways.
So moving on, I wanted to say thanks, and that I appreciate all the comments on my last post. I was not sure how that would be received but once again the blogsphere has come through for me. Honestly, you guys are meaning more and more to me everyday.
I would also like to congratulate all those bloggers out there, that have taken their first steps into a much larger world. I want mention them here as most if not all of you know who they are anyway. Besides I am too tired, at the mo, to type all their names.For those of you to still take that leap, don't worry about, when it is the right time you will know. Do not feel pressured to do anything.
That's it for today, I am off to bed....
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Tactical Suggestions...:
Sorry to hear, however I full know the feeling.
I'm currently in a similar situation with my boss. Luckily I already have a signed deal on my raise (HA!), everything else and more has been cut though.
So I've also stopped doing anything beside what I'm paid to do. The entire situation is really pissing me off and I want to blog SO much about it, but I know I'll be sacked on the spot if my company finds it... so I won't. Grr.
Correction: full -> fully, but that's damn obvious right?
Love
D
I can understand your frustration and you have every reason to be frustrated, Octavius. :) Hope is definitely not the first step to disappointment - its one of the steps. But with hope comes great rewards too. Sometimes.
Fuckers. Just don't jeopardize YOUR job in retaliation for their stingy ways - make a stand, sure - but cautiously.
*hugs* sorry to hear that though.
Post a Comment