BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tuesday and Kingpins....

I had a pretty good day today. Work was boring, it's always boring on a Tuesday, especially if you are doing the closing shift! Tuesday is also "Staff Meeting" day, why we bother is totally beyond me! We always seem to go over the same crap, but at least it lasts an hour. So in total I only spend an hour on the phones , not counting break times of course.

The one and only downer of the day, was that I got the definitive word on the pay-rise situation. We aren't getting one this year..., absolute "PANTSBURGER!!" I honestly don't know how the bosses can justify not giving us one, as they are hiring more middle management that we just don't need! The only consolation is that I do still have a job. Trust me, this is a big thing. In my country at the moment there are roughly 1400 new benefit seekers at the unemployment office every week..., apparently?

So later on, I was having a good "Chin wag" with some of the other staff, and it well seems as if there might be a "Rats from a sinking ship" situation on the horizon. A lot of the others are getting quite disheartened at the non-existent prospects for the future, the lack of a pay-rise, and the overall workload, that seems to be getting bigger by the day. What this means for me, I am not for sure yet. But I know that I am one of those that is disheartened.

As to the other part of the title, well I got called a "Kingpin" today by my TL. We are about to inherit some extra floor space, so thankfully we are spreading out some. Well the TL wants to put the three seniors in a group by ourselves, these are the ones she calls her "Kingpins". I am quite touched really, but unfortunately, it only means more work, not more cash! Personally I would rather have the cash, but what are you gonna do?

2 Tactical Suggestions...:

y78ilm said...

Isn't it weird, us having a job have to work harder... and there's no probs taking on extra shifts or overtime on top of all. Still so many are just left out.
I just had a new boss, he started his career at our place by sacking nine ppl last week. Guess if he's popular now?

Love
D

Octavius said...

Oh yes..., our brand spanking CEO, has just done the same thing. We all now know that he is just a "Hatchet Man".

Octavius.