Carrying on from my last lengthy post, I want to go into something in a little more detail. I wrote that I find it hard to trust people. The simple reason for this, is that I have been burned so many times, by so many people. There is a distinct lack of honesty and honour is this world, especially this electronic one.
To start with, I would just like to mention, that everything in the serious posts of this blog, is factual, or atleast to the best of my recollection. I have no time for lies, or fiction dressed up as truth. If you were a regular at "Wildmatty's Clubhouse", you will understand what I mean. If what he says is true, then what he did would have been fine, if he had told everyone, or even hinted at the start..., know what I mean? Otherwise, it is just a lie, and a lie is a lie as they say. Not to mention that it draws undue attention, to those that are being truthful. I don't know about you, but I don't like being tarred with someone else's brush.
So when is a lie acceptable or appropriate? In my opinion..., never, unless you are some James Bond type, or an undercover cop. I can see that sometimes a little white lie is easier than the grief that would otherwise ensue, but again a lie is a lie. For example: "Honey do these jeans make my arse look fat?", most men would respond, "No offcourse not dear, they look fine, and you look beautiful". This is the "Spare the feelings" lie. Who's feelings are you really sparing? What you really should say is, "No honey, your arse makes you arse look fat."
That's not to say that no one does it, lets be honest we all do! "Sorry officer I didn't realise I was going so fast, it will never happen again I promise." That's just one of many some of us use everyday. But, is it really necessary? What you have to ask yourself really is, "Can I live with myself, if I do/say this?"
I guess here on the webs, you can never be certain, if what you are reading is actually true. I suppose you just have to have a little faith. However, the outside world is just is bad. We all wear masks to hide what we really feel, or show who we really are. Some do it for fun, some for survival. Anyone who is still "In the Closet" will understand fully what I am talking about there.
I still think that, "Honesty is the best policy." But you gotta do, what you gotta do. I am not here to judge you, I am just putting my thoughts across.
Saturday, September 5, 2009
"I'll trust you once..."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Tactical Suggestions...:
I too hate telling lies but little white ones and sometimes not even those, truth is not always easy but it helps you become a stronger person. However I do have to withhold some truth for professional reasons as I study psychology and that´s just as bad as lying but I need to do so sometimes :(
Either way you have to admit it was fun, I´m not defending the author of that blog, I did read it for sometime now, way before I started blogging, it was kinky and indiscreet, however after a while lost interest, maybe it was because of my unhealthy curiousness, but it was fun while I thought it was real, and now that it´s gone I just don´t feel bad. Hope you enjoy have enjoyed the good times you had with that and don´t take it personal, for in the end the truth always surfaces, just don´t lose faith in people and truth.
Love
ME
cheers... it's interesting to me that some people (ie - me) come here to escape the lies they have to deal with in daily life, while others come here with the express purpose of creating fantasy
I would have to agree with you, I do not mind with holding the truth in certain circumstances like when a friend confides in you, but blatant lies not on. While growing up I was taught that when you told the truth you got into trouble and that was the end of it - if you lied,then you not only got into bigger trouble but you also lost that persons trust.
Your post post popped up on my reader shortly after I'd discovered that a collegue of mine lied to a customer. I can live with that but he put me as author on the document with the lies that was sent to the customer. There is no way the customer will not find out and it'll me who will face the customer on Monday. Since this will be on a warship, most likely I will face keelhauling. Or in other words: Your post is the perfect soundtrack to my mood right now. Decency is a rare good.
I've been suspicious of "Wild Matty" ever since he asked for porn on his blog.
Post a Comment