BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 7, 2009

The Legacy of me...

I don't know about you, but I think about the meaning of this word quite a lot. The term doesn't mean much to most people, especially the younger ones, but to me it is everything. I often wonder what it is that I will be leaving behind, when I am gone. Will people look on my life favourably? Or will I slip into history as not even a mere footnote?

I guess the best legacy a man can leave on this world, is his children. I would love to have children, and I think I would make a very good father. However in my situation at the moment, I just can't see it happening. I don't earn enough money to adequately support them for a start, add to that I don't own my own home. These are just two of the obstacles that I face, and are, to be honest, easily surmountable. The one that is not is that I want my own children. I  have no desire to adopt someone else's children, not that that would be an easy thing to do anyway!

What I need is some reasonably intelligent, decent looking girl to carry a child for me (Artificially inseminated of course!!), and then walk away after the delivery. I don't think that that is very likely.

I may come back to this later....

2 Tactical Suggestions...:

Anonymous said...

Yes I can relate to that - the thought has crossed my mind many times. Certainly be interested in reading a future post about the subject.
Kindest regards Stef.

Anonymous said...

Strange, at work today, (whilst all alone and doing my mindlessly repetitive job), I was also thinking about adopting children, or having my own kids sometime in the distant future.

I came to the same conclusion that I've come to many times in the past. I'll leave the kids legacy thing to my brother and sister. I'm content for now to be remembered as gay uncle Dave.

I have to listen to screaming and whining kids all-day at the supermarket where I work. For now I'm glad that I can walk away from it all at the end of my shift.

And thanks for sending me a friend request.