BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Right Honorable John Key...

 Just watch this first.....



I saw this on the news the other day, but mised most of it, so finally checked it out on youtube. I have to say I was quite impressed, and though obviously nervous, I thought the man held himself quite admirably. I then proceeded to read the comments posted on the video, I don't usually read said comments as I find them to be a little crap really. However some of these comments pissed me off, consequently, I ended up reading them all. I shocked and horrified by what I read. A lot of the comments were quite disparaging! That a lot of them were signed by Kiwi's was quite a shock really.

Now I am not a particular fan of government, I never really have been. However I though that our prime minister did this country a great service here. Yes Letterman is not the best way to introduce yourself to the American public at large, but it is better than doing nothing at all. I also thought that Key did a fairly decent job of deflecting most of Letterman's piss taking. I mean lets be honest here, Letterman is all about "Taking the piss!", he does it to everybody, no matter who you are.

In my opinion Key showed to the American public, that New Zealander's can take a joke, that we aren't too serious when we don't have to be, and that we are a pretty good bunch of people. It is unfortunate that there was no opportunity  for a proper interview, but you can't have everything!

Since there was no piccies of our small, but great nation, I thought I would share a few....









All these shots were taken in or around the city I live in, all this beautiful scenery..., what more could you ask for?

3 Tactical Suggestions...:

y78ilm said...

I don't normally care that much for such shows so I simply avoid them, however I must say your PM did good in Lettermans hardly at all amusing top-10. Honestly, is it really that fun?? If you ask me, so overrated.

Thanks for your pics. It really looks beautiful, I'd love to visit NZ one day.

Love
D

Octavius said...

I'll put the kettle on then.

y78ilm said...

Please do! :D