BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Love...



What does this word mean to you? What does this word really mean to anyone? Is love an impulse, a collection of emotions bandying together to make a feeling of attraction, or just a series of motor neuron response created to form the need to procreate?

You see I believe that, in this day and age, the word has come dangerously close to losing its efficacy. We bandy it about like it means nothing..., "Oh I just love that sweater", 'I love you bro", 'I loved that movie!". It seems that the word "Love" has become the ultimate expression of emphasis. Not to mention that, every other song, from the latest preteen "Pop Sensation", is about some form of unrequited love.It really makes me sick to be honest.

Love is more than just a punchline people! Love is that feeling of connection, that sense that you are a part of something ultimately greater than yourself. Love is the pain and hurt of not being there with the one you love, for whatever reason.

To me the word means something, which is why I don't use it, unless I really have to. I am not saying that the true meaning of love has an age limit, far from it in fact! What I am saying is that I don't think a word that has that much power should be used willy nilly. I mean you wouldn't just slap someone with a nuke , now would you? Well I would hope not.., but who knows with you yanks? Seriously though, I am more than just a little concerned about this situation.

I leave you with this track, used for the end credits of quite possibly the greatest ever love story I have yet seen. The movie "Love Actually" 


2 Tactical Suggestions...:

Anonymous said...

Well today I'm going to bombard you with my thoughts [just finished the comment on your story below] I find love a very interesting topic. Firstly I see were you are comming from and I do think there are times we a bit to liberal with it's use. But we also know there are many different types of love - the love I feel for a partner is definately different to the love I feel for my parents or animals but it is love none the less.The arts Music in particular has been inspired by love for an eternity and without it and the songs it inspired wouldn't exsist - what a tradegy that would be.The times I agree with you most is that it is something I would never say to anyone unless I realy, realy ment it.Hope it's not sounding to much like bull shit.
Kindest regards Stef.

Octavius said...

Not at all mate..., as allways I appreciate you input.

Octavius.