BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hey what the....

Well the fuck has the time gone? My last post was on the 7th! Sorry lads, seems like this week is just flying by. Not much new to report, just slogging my guts out for a company that doesn't appreciate me. Take this evening for example, I got a call from a small pub near the office, that their terminal was not working. I do everything I can over the phone to get it working again, but either the guy on the other end is completely inept, or the thing really is broken. So I assign the fault to an engineer to fix in the morning, as they are only oncall until 1900.

Now here is the really crappy part, the site is now what we term "Office Down" meaning they can't sell. To make matters worse, one of the GM's is there having a few bevies and some bets. Well the site is down, so no bets. He is quite shitty about this. He calls us at the helpdesk, demanding this that and the other, I explain to him twice that we have done all that we can, and the engineer will sort it tomorrow. I just know that this is going to come back to bite me. His attitude towards the situation really sucks as well, probably just trying to look like a big man in front of his friends. This is what I think...



Because usually, given who we are, we are more like ...




So getting past that, I will deal with it tomorrow, I am still on this mad health kick, and I really am feeling great. I can now run up 4 flights of stairs. Sure I am breathing like a stalker at the top, but I can do it. I am not even using the lift anymore..., I 'm loving this! I am eating healthier as well. Salad sarnies and a banana for lunch.

What else is going on...., well it seems a lot of bloggers out there are a little depressed at this moment. Dan is stuck in crappy meetings in Chicago. Dzyan is all lonely, and FMS is looking for courage...., all we need now is a Dorothy and Toto, and we got us a remake!

Honestly boys I am there for all of you, I was just tryng to cheer you up there..., honest!

Before I go I have to offer my congratulations to Lonely Boy, and Cooper, for stepping outside his uncomfort zone, and finding out what life can really offer. You guys are going to find that real people, people that treat you the way you should be treated, really are worth the struggle to find them. Well done boys!

Also you guys should check out this fella, YACBISOLAI, he is a little long winded, but I think he needs some support at this point.

6 Tactical Suggestions...:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear from you, I was starting to wonder. Anyway, I agree... work (sometimes?) suck.
My boss had a 'chat' with me today and tried to persuade me to take back yesterdays incident report I filed, which I didn't. He wasn't that happy, I can tell you that.

Good to hear you're getting into shape!! Keep it up!

Love
Daniel

Octavius said...

Stick to your guns mate. It is bosses like yours that get people killed!

Missed while that whole nibblebit thing was going on mate. Glad to have you back.

Anonymous said...

You will have to work with horses[they still don't know how to use the phone yet - if they have problems with you they just knock you around - wouldn't faze a big fella like you hehe.] It realy is good news about LB and Cooper[who's blog I have just started to read - and enjoy]The Kiwi's didn't have much luck in the cup this year - if it's any consulation to you I didn't pick the winner this year either.Glad to hear the bod is feeling better - me being a smoker over all these years I'd get a quarter of the way up your stairs and I'd be puffing like a steam train.
Regards Stef.

Anonymous said...

I tell you its that autumn doldrums that make everybody "egh"

But I"m glad you're not. =)

Troy McKelvie said...

Hey Octavius!

I'd dread to do what you do for a living. I have friends that work in call centers, and the abuse is beyond anything I've ever come across in retail.

All the best!

Cooper said...

Thank you so much for your support the comments and your friendship. People like you make it easy for someone like me to take that chance.