There are some things I would like to say at the moment...., but I can't quite find the right words. Therefore I shall converse through the medium of film. I shall be qouting some of my favourite movies.
Ok so I have picked three for you that fit my mood perfectly at the moment.
"USS Enterprise, Captain's personal log... With most of our battle damage
repaired, we are almost home. Yet, I feel -- uneasy. And I wonder why....
Perhaps it is the erratic behavior of Ship's surgeon McCoy... Or the
emptiness of this vessel: most of our trainee crew have been reassigned;
Lieutenant Saavik and my son David are exploring a new world... and
Enterprise feels like a house with all the children gone... No.
More empty even than that..."
save for them a place
inside of you
and save one backward glance
when you are leaving
for the places they can
no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say
you loved them,
though you may
or may not have always.
Take what they have left
and what they have thaught you
with their dying
and keep it with your own.
And in that time
when men decide and feel safe
to call the war insane,
take one moment to embrace
those gentle heroes
you left behind"
Major Michael Davis O'Donell
1 January 1970
Dak To, Vietnam
And Finally...
Colonel Nathan Jessup - "Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to."
I'm sure you can all figure out what I am trying to say. You are smart people after all.



0 Tactical Suggestions...:
Post a Comment